The famous painter Claude Monet once stated, “Color is my daylong obsession, joy, and torment.” When you buy a new home, or even if you are renovating your current home, deciding the right color for the right room can become an obsession for you as well. Before the colors start to torment you, you should get in touch with the best interior designers in Gurgaon to get expert advice on how you can design your home with complementary colors. You can also have a look at the steps mentioned in the blog to get some ideas while deciding the best color scheme for your home.
Tips for choosing the best color scheme for your home
- Review the House Layout: Before you decide the color of your home, you need to do a quick scan of the layout of the house so that you know which room is where. In particular, you need to make a note of which rooms and which spaces can be seen from each room. Once you have a general idea about the house layout, you will be able to decide the whole-house color plan more efficiently.
- Start with the Main Areas: The main areas, such as the living room, the entrance or the dining area, are the best place to start when deciding the color scheme for your home. I good idea would be to select the most prominent piece of furniture in the room and then choose a color that matches it. Since the living room and the dining area is the place your guests will spend the most time you need to pay extra attention to the colors you decide.
- Check the Color Wheel: Who would have thought that the tool to help you pick the best color scheme would come from the great Sir Isaac Newton? The color wheel, which was first created by Newton in 1704, helps designers find out which colors go well together and which pairings to avoid. You can get in touch with interior designers in Gurgaon, who will show you how you can use the color wheel to find the perfect color harmonies.
- Keep Connecting Spaces Neutral: No one likes to enter a room for the first time and see colors that “hit” the eye. When deciding the color of your home, most designers recommend adding a neutral shade to the connecting spaces, including the hallways, staircases etc. You can use colors like white or beige to give the connecting space an exquisite look. Just because the color is neutral does not necessarily mean the area looks dull. You can try adding funky accessories like mirrors or vases to spruce up a neutral room.
- Add a Dash of Black: By itself, the color black may not sound like an appealing choice to add to your home. However, many interior designers suggest that adding a little black color to your room will clarify and bring out all the other colors in the room. Now you do not necessarily have to paint the wall black to get this effect. A simple black vase, a lamp or a cabinet is enough to draw attention to the contrast among the colors.
- The 60-30-10 Rule: The thing about color schemes is that you have to find the right balance. Luckily you do not need to break your head because there is a formula for that. You will need to divide the colors into specific components. 60 percent should be a dominant color, which goes onto the walls, 30 percent of a secondary color, which matches the upholstery, and 10 percent of an accent color which basically includes the accessories in the room.
If you need help finding the right shade or hue for the color in your home, you can contact a top office interior designer in Gurgaon and discover innovative ways to bring out the color in your house.